Skip to main content

Hong Kong - Macau Trip Day 2

We woke up as early as 8am the 2nd day of our pre-honeymoon trip. Hoping the weather has mercy on us, and yeappie.. there was no rain that morning, but the sky was quite gloomy. Anyhow we washed up and headed out immediately in case the rain started pouring again. We made it half way towards Senado Square before it started pouring. What a dismay. Anyway, we saw a noodle shop named "Chong Tin" in front of the place we had shelter from the rain and went in for breakfast. It was indeed a very great choice. 

- Nice beef noodle & shrimp wanton noodle & lovely tea - 

As we finished our breakfast, we had a brief chat with the owner of the shop. She sarcastically mentioned with such heavy rain, we might need to have our dinner there too =.='' Well, we didn't of course! We braved out of the shop and walked towards Dom Pedro V Theatre located near the noodle shop. However it was closed for upgrading works. Met an old couple from Germany, chat a little bout how disappointed we were with the weather, so were they and what more they travelled all the way from Germany! Anyway we move on to the St. Augustine's Church opposite the theatre. We walked in to take a closer look at this 500 years old church. The building was well preserved and I took a chance to pray and hope the rain would ease soon.

- Pray and hope the rain to ease, even though I'm not a Christian -

By almost noon, we headed back to our hotel to check out. We hoped onto a bus towards the Macau Ferry Terminal which is located some distance away. Good that we boarded the right bus this time! It was really easy to travel to Hong Kong by ferry, just for MOP140, an hour sailing time. The ferry was really comfy that we both napped through the whole sailing journey!

- Comfy ferry services -

We arrived in Hong Kong around 3pm at the Ferry Terminal in Sheung Wan. Took a long trail to find the entrance of the MTR station nearby. Well, it was our first time here!! Wilson got really upset with his heavy luggage bag that needed lifting many times during the walking and hoping on MTR journey towards our hotel in Wan Chai. No doubt, the luggage bag is really really heavy. At MTR station, we purchased 2 Octopus card for HKD 100 each with preloaded HKD50 in it. With that card we can "tuut" and hop on MTR towards all our destinations.

- Our really spacious JJ Hotel in Wan Chai -

Thank god the hotel was good, comfy and very economical to stay. Upon checking in, we headed out for late lunch at our first Cha Chan Teng (HK styled cafe), Capital Cafe just a walk away from the hotel. Since we were pre-alerted by Wilson's sister on the customary chinese tea for cleaning the utensils, we did not drink the chinese tea served first thing you seated in the cafe. I ordered set lunch that consist of spaghetti, toast, scramble egg and ham and "Nai Cha" or tea. I would say this was my best meal so far in Cha Chan Teng, those in Malaysia can't be compared at all!

- The round toast with condensed milk is called "Chu Chai Bao" aka Piggy Bun -

After having the sumptuous lunch, we moved on to The Peak. Followed by the route I done on the free and easy itinerary, we made it there swiftly. Of course, thankfully the public transport being convenient in HK. Well, the tram journey up the hill was a little scary, as it was a really sloppy hill with the tram moving relatively fast uphill. Anyway, the view of the surrounding quickly made us forget the worries. We first visited the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum at the Peak. Ritually we walked around, taking photo with the wax figures and discussing how tall, short etc the figures were.

- Wilson and Lin Chi Ling, she is really tall! -

- Me, McDull & his mom! We were having tea at Cha Chan Teng! -

After the wax museum, we walked up the tower towards the viewing deck. The rain did not ease a bit since morning, I was worried what scenery we could see from the top. Well, we could see nothing, literally the viewing deck was covered with cloud, we were IN the cloud. Oh.. cloud 9~ 

- Look at the overly "excited" Wilson seeing the nothing-ness at The Peak -.-'' -

We did not back off with this! Wilson said we should wait and see if the cloud ease off in a while. So we shopped a little around the mall at The Peak and had a cup of hot coffee at Pacific Coffee there while looking out the window hoping for the cloud to go away. I was really disappointed at first, thinking we would leave the Peak without even looking at a single thing. But we were really lucky, approximately 8pm, the sky started to clear up, the beautiful night scene emerged in front of us. Excitedly we run towards the viewing deck again and the famous HK best night view stood in front of us! So we quickly snapped some picture and admired the beautiful night scenery. 

- Lovely night scenery, lucky we did not miss this -

We headed downhill after a few minutes outside the viewing deck cause I almost froze to death. The tram journey downhill was also kind of scary as we were all seated reverse downhill. Well, off the tram, we hopped back onto MTR back to Wan Chai. Dropped by another bigger version of Cha Chan Teng, Sun Tak Heng for dinner. Here Wilson had Roasted Goose and Chicken Rice and I had shrimp with egg rice. I don't like my dish, but Wilson enjoyed his very much.

- Sun Tak Heng Cha Chan Teng -

Since I was not really happy with my dinner, I asked if Wilson like to have dessert. He was reluctant at first as our stomach were quite full right after dinner. But since we passed by a speciality dessert shop, Kao Kei, just walk away from hotel, he agreed to have the dessert. So we ordered the special "Milk Egg White Pudding" and Papaya Fungus drink. I loved mine very much this time, but Wilson had to forced the pudding down the throat as he was really too full. I can't help him as the milky taste of the pudding was not acceptable to me :-P

- Kao Kei Dessert -

We finished off the day with this dessert. It was a really interesting day and well, I couldn't wait for the Disneyland trip the next day. A childhood dream came true :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.O.T.P.

10th of November 2012, the day we booked our first property together as husband and wife. It was indeed a huge milestone after we signed our ROM papers. This is a luxury condominium developed by Selangor Dredging Berhad and it's located at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Batu 9, Cheras Selatan. This is a very interesting development because it is situated on 8.9 acres of Freehold land with 4.2 acres of landscaped environment (Yes, half of the development is actually greenery!) The unit built-up range between 916 sq. ft. to 4,311 sq. ft. and sold for about RM450 - RM680 per square feet.  We bought a unit at Block C which is lowest block on the left. Location of W.O.T.P. with proposed MRT station few kilometers away.  The lovely greenery and facilities are really serene and awesome! Facilities: 50m lap pool Children’s wading pool Children outdoor play area Teen’s play area 2 nos. of indoor badminton courts Gym/ aerobic room Function hall by the pool (6 ban

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i

Life

I'll be quarter a century old in a day. In a day's time my birthday would come, and most probably would just simply go. Didn't expect much this year, or maybe age has certain impact on me. I'll be 25 soon. This is so alarming scary, time just flew too fast. Everything changes. I looked like awfully nerdy 3 years ago when I was still in UPM. I've started working one year ago, this was the fastest one year in my life. Life has been so committed to work and work, I couldn't realise time flew across and here I am. Evaluating what I've done over the past 1 year. I've learnt many many things, both in life and in work. From an ordinary 2nd upper graduate to now a project engineer. Nothing big achieved but I felt contented, at least I'm working towards my goal. It's just kinda overwhelming to think back times, was so excited on the 1st day of kindy, was so nervous going into primary school compound, was so trilled to step into secondary school, was so c