Skip to main content

Hong Kong - Macau Trip Day 4

Day 4 of our trip is purposely scheduled as a free and easy day. We planned to roam around Hong Kong towns to experience the local cultures here. So we woke up slightly later that day, recovering from the tiring Disneyland trip the day before. We walked out from hotel to a nearby porridge stall "Ocean Empire Food Shop" nearby the Wan Chai MTR station for late breakfast. Wilson ordered pork and century egg porridge and I ordered rice  roll with shrimp. Both are Hong Kong's must try and yeap, we tried.

- The rice roll was not that good anyway.. ours are much better -

We then hopped onto the MTR towards "Sham Shui Po" or they called it the wholesale fashion outlet streets according to the Lonely Planet travel booklet. But I was really disappointed as the clothing here was very much fit for the more mature ladies instead. 

- Sham Shui Po, Fashion Outlets -

We then walked towards Ap Liu Flea Market, supposed to be a flea market selling second hand electrical items and funny funny stuff. We were just curious and simply roamed pass the street looking at the shops with piles of old television and recorders with many locals trying to find some good deals there. It does looks like our Petaling Street at some point.

- Sham Shui Po attraction signs, we always look for these signs for clues -

After Sham Shui Po we walked towards Wong Kok for lunch. Found a stall which looked interesting and quite full with customers, "Di Di Xiang Noodles". They are famous for the fish ball noodles, so we ordered 2 bowls of noodles, both dry and soup noodles and also fish cake as appetizer. Turned out this was really nice! The fish ball were so spongy and tasted great. Just that we realised Hongkie food are less salty compared to our food. 

- Di Di Xiang Fish Ball Noodle @ Wong Kok -


- Roaming around Wong Kok -

After lunch, we walked and shopped a bit around Wong Kok, I bought some clothing from the G2000 outlet which were having Summer sales with really great deal. But the queue to pay was really long everywhere. After some shopping, we then walk towards Gold Fish Street and Fa Yuen Street for more sight seeing. I bought shoes from Fa Yuen Street, as there were too much walking, my legs were killing me at this point already.

- Gold Fish Street; generally just a street selling fishes and aquarium -

- Fa Yuen Street; more like our Petaling Street selling much teenagers and pop styles clothing -

We then hopped onto the MTR towards Tsim Sha Tsui station. Our plan was to walk towards the Avenue of Stars at the Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront Promenade overseeing Victoria Harbour. By nightfall, it is a popular viewing place for the Symphony of Light display. On the way towards the promenade, we had a quick walk in the big malls e.g. Sogo etc. We had a simple convenient dinner in Sogo.

- Avenue of Stars -

After watching the light show, we moved back to Wan Chai across the sea by MTR. We then roamed around Wan Chai area, walked along the streets. Before we knew it, we walked all the way reaching Causeway Bay already! Well, before heading back to hotel, I dropped by a hawker stall to buy supper to munch back in Hotel. I bought the famous curry fish balls, octopus, siew mai and also "Kai Dan Chai". 

- Me buying supper -

We called it a day after munching those suppers, the curry fish balls were indeed yummy. Really enjoyed the day very much, simply free and easy tour around most renowned places in Hong Kong, before heading back to Macau and then home, the next day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.O.T.P.

10th of November 2012, the day we booked our first property together as husband and wife. It was indeed a huge milestone after we signed our ROM papers. This is a luxury condominium developed by Selangor Dredging Berhad and it's located at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Batu 9, Cheras Selatan. This is a very interesting development because it is situated on 8.9 acres of Freehold land with 4.2 acres of landscaped environment (Yes, half of the development is actually greenery!) The unit built-up range between 916 sq. ft. to 4,311 sq. ft. and sold for about RM450 - RM680 per square feet.  We bought a unit at Block C which is lowest block on the left. Location of W.O.T.P. with proposed MRT station few kilometers away.  The lovely greenery and facilities are really serene and awesome! Facilities: 50m lap pool Children’s wading pool Children outdoor play area Teen’s play area 2 nos. of indoor badminton courts Gym/ aerobic room Function hall by the pool (6 ban

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i

Life

I'll be quarter a century old in a day. In a day's time my birthday would come, and most probably would just simply go. Didn't expect much this year, or maybe age has certain impact on me. I'll be 25 soon. This is so alarming scary, time just flew too fast. Everything changes. I looked like awfully nerdy 3 years ago when I was still in UPM. I've started working one year ago, this was the fastest one year in my life. Life has been so committed to work and work, I couldn't realise time flew across and here I am. Evaluating what I've done over the past 1 year. I've learnt many many things, both in life and in work. From an ordinary 2nd upper graduate to now a project engineer. Nothing big achieved but I felt contented, at least I'm working towards my goal. It's just kinda overwhelming to think back times, was so excited on the 1st day of kindy, was so nervous going into primary school compound, was so trilled to step into secondary school, was so c