Skip to main content

Hong Kong - Macau Trip Day 3

Did I mention why we chose this particular week for the trip? It is actually to celebrate both my birthday and our 11th anniversary here. 26th of July is both my birthday and our courtship anniversary, the 11th this year. And it will be the last courtship anniversary before we move on to new chapter next year, marriage anniversary. Therefore we decided to have something special, hence, HK Disneyland here we come!

So this day, 3rd day of the trip, we headed out for breakfast as early as 9am to yet another Cha Chan Teng with the name "Honolulu Cafe" at Hennessy Road . This was where Jacky Cheung and Tang Wei shot their movie "Crossing Hennessy". We actually did enjoy the simple breakfast very much. Luncheon meat mee, luncheon meat sandwich, toast with egg and Polo bun. Yum! I have to order most of the time as the menu is all written in cantonese which Wilson has no idea about. Even myself is just half literate on it :-)

- Yummy breakfast, Hongkie style -

- 2x bill for drinks only, 3x bill for no order, 4x bill for match-making, 5x bill for dating, 6x bill for quarrel, infinity bill for doing all the above -

After breakfast we move on to MTR towards Disneyland at Lantau Island. I can't describe how excited I am, just like a kid. Upon arriving in Disneyland, we collected the online ticket from the booth and queue up to enter the wonderland. Our bags were checked, not sure for what though, at the entrance.

- Upon arrival, can vividly remember how excited I was -

-The stretch of buildings along the main street were too cute, too lovely, overloaded with cuteness! -

We started off taking some time walking around the buildings, looking at the merchandise by Disney, and they were really expensive! HKD100 for a keychain?

- Cute Minnie Mouse ears -

We then started to walk to the Toy Story Land, and the first "toy" we hopped on were the swinging toy car (orange colour track) called "RC Racer" as seen on the following picture. It was quite intense and I bet Wilson was totally unprepared for this ride! We then tried the Doggie ride, some sort of merry-go-round ride and moved on to the next attraction!

- Toy Story Land -

After Toy Story Land, we moved on to the newest attraction in HK Disneyland, The Grizzly Gulch. At first we were a bit sceptical on what kind of cartoon characters are there, as we have not heard of it before. But this park has the best ride we experienced in all Disneyland! The "Big Grizzly Runaway Mine Car" was so exciting, can't be described by words. Simply caught us unprepared and we really enjoyed it much!

- Grizzly Gulch -

Then we walked towards Fantasy Land, where all the cute stuff are. We then queue up for the Mickey's 4D animation show at the Mickey's PhilhaMagic Theatre. It was really fantastic! We were wearing 3D glasses and all the characters in the show just came alive! There were sprinkles of water when Donald spilled pails of water, trails of lovely cake smell when the song "Be Our Guest" in Beauty & The Beast aired, and blow of wind when Aladdin & Princess Jasmine swing across the theatre with their magic carpet. It was such a lovely experience!

- 4D animation experience -

Of course, then there is a giant "Small World ride" building at the corner of this park. We opt for this as the queue were not visible at all. And it was a nice leisure ride on boat with cute characters dancing, singing along the ride. Toddlers will enjoy this ride, really.

- It's a small small world -

Then we walked across to Tomorrow's Land where Buzz Lightyear and Stitch are the main characters here. Space ships, space tower etc are all around this park. We were quite disappointed with the way they allow special "Express" member to jump queue while we had to queue for years for a ride here. We queue up for the "Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster" and, well.. we sat on a "space ship" and were given 2 space guns (Laser guns) to shoot all the evil Emporer Zurg. Ended up I got 8,200 points and was classified normal soldier and my hubby got 845,000 points and was classified Space Hero. =.=''

- The space hero and the soldier -

We then stay for another ride here, the "Space Mountain" were it's like a simple roller coaster but inside a completely dark atmosphere, wait, there is no atmosphere in space? haha. 

By then we were too hungry to move on, Wilson commented I was like a kid, playtime forgotten about food. So we had our simple lunch at the food corner, simple burger and chips. 

Then we realise it was half past 3, there will be a parade at the Main Street at 4pm! So we hurried to the Main Street and secured a nice spot to witness the parade. Of course, the rain did not ease, so the parade was changed to "Rainy Days Parade" where all the characters were up in the train compartment in rainsuits.

- Rainy Day Parade -

After the parade, we saw the "Meet the Character" queue had cleared off a little, so we quickly queue up to have a photography session with the host of Disneyland, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse! We queued for about 30minutes for this session. Totally worth it!

- They are really good at posing! -

Then we meet Donald too! He is indeed my favourite Disney character of all. Donald was sooo sweet! He saw the Anniversary ears that I was wearing and asked (in sign language) that is it our anniversary. I nodded excitedly and he sort of suggested Wilson to kiss my cheeks on one side and him on the other side. See..?

- Sweet ol' Donald Duck -

We then headed on to Adventure Land to catch the Jungle River Cruise, which brought us round the river by a very funny english speaking boat driver. We saw elephants, hippopotamus, crocodiles, gorillas, zebra etc (models of course) along the river bank. And the cruise ended with a flamed up cave and that was quite a scene~

- I mean, those elephants looked really real -

Finally the last ride we could hop on was the The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. This was more like a ride for little children, really really slow and steady ride across story telling boards and characters. But it was fun though, Winnie, Tigger and Piglet were cute~

After that ride, the sky already turned dark. We coincidently walked into an eateries that looked very much like a castle in the Disney Princess movie. So we decided to have our dinner here.

- Can you see Belle and the Beast dancing? -

After dinner, we headed to the Main Street to shop a little at the souvenir boutiques. Then of course, by 8.30pm we walked towards the front of the renowned Sleeping Beauty Castle to wait for the best part of the day - The Disney Star Fireworks at 9pm. It was really romantic to watch such beautiful fairy tale fireworks  on our 11th courtship anniversary. Really lovely experience, best birthday for myself, ever. (Aside from the day we started our relationship of course)

- Us, soaked in rain, still happily watching the beautiful fireworks -

Happy anniversary my love. May our love story blossoms and sparkles like the fireworks. May we have a fairy tale happily ever after. I truly look forward to many more anniversaries with you in all the coming years. 

We have more anniversary to celebrate now, right? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.O.T.P.

10th of November 2012, the day we booked our first property together as husband and wife. It was indeed a huge milestone after we signed our ROM papers. This is a luxury condominium developed by Selangor Dredging Berhad and it's located at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Batu 9, Cheras Selatan. This is a very interesting development because it is situated on 8.9 acres of Freehold land with 4.2 acres of landscaped environment (Yes, half of the development is actually greenery!) The unit built-up range between 916 sq. ft. to 4,311 sq. ft. and sold for about RM450 - RM680 per square feet.  We bought a unit at Block C which is lowest block on the left. Location of W.O.T.P. with proposed MRT station few kilometers away.  The lovely greenery and facilities are really serene and awesome! Facilities: 50m lap pool Children’s wading pool Children outdoor play area Teen’s play area 2 nos. of indoor badminton courts Gym/ aerobic room Function hall by the pool (6 ban

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i

Life

I'll be quarter a century old in a day. In a day's time my birthday would come, and most probably would just simply go. Didn't expect much this year, or maybe age has certain impact on me. I'll be 25 soon. This is so alarming scary, time just flew too fast. Everything changes. I looked like awfully nerdy 3 years ago when I was still in UPM. I've started working one year ago, this was the fastest one year in my life. Life has been so committed to work and work, I couldn't realise time flew across and here I am. Evaluating what I've done over the past 1 year. I've learnt many many things, both in life and in work. From an ordinary 2nd upper graduate to now a project engineer. Nothing big achieved but I felt contented, at least I'm working towards my goal. It's just kinda overwhelming to think back times, was so excited on the 1st day of kindy, was so nervous going into primary school compound, was so trilled to step into secondary school, was so c