Skip to main content

Singapore - Day 1

Well, I was sent by my company to audit vendor's operation plants in Singapore and Johor. Since the economy was hitting most companies, including mine.. my MD decided to only send me alone for this trip (initially I was suppose to travel with a colleague). Being their customer, very potential long run customer, I was treated really well here.

Upon arrival at Changi Airport, my vendors (Lim and Heather) picked me up and sent me to their head office. The engineers brief me on their company history, plants concept, design and operation details. It's quite weird feeling to have so many people explaining many stuff to me alone. Luckily my background is also water treatment, else I would be choking with informations from them. Then Lim brought me around their fabrication yard, checked on their skid fabricating processes, spare parts inventory, quality assurance etc.

After that I was brought to lunch at a Hongkie style Char Chan Teng. Normal food served, just like our Wong Kok or Kim Gary. Next item in my visit itinerary is to visit the NeWater Treatment Plant in Singapore. This is a stream of used water channeled from domestic and industrial area for recycling back into supply water. They used high technology Ultrafiltration with Hollow fibres, Reverse Osmosis and Ultraviolet treatment. 2% of this treated water, namely NeWater will be channeled to drinking water reservoir and others to industrial needs. Meaning, yeap.. Singaporean is drinking 2% of water recycled from domestic/industrial waste water. The water supposingly is very very clean in the sense RO and UF are used to treat it. However we're still uncomfortable with this whole idea of recycling used domestic water (from the loo?)

- Newater Water is part of Singaporean's drinking water -

After the visit, I was sent to Hotel York, located at Orchard Road. The hotel was quite good, considering the location and being a 4 star. Just that they don't offer free wi-fi, I thought it would be normal for hotels to have this!

- Small hotel in Singapore cost SGD250 per night -

Anyhow, after resting I was brought out to have seafood dinner at Dempsey Road near Orchard. The "tour guide" keep stressing how nice their pepper crab was, so I give it a try. But to my dismay, the crab was way too far from being nice. Maybe I'm not used to Singaporean tastebuds.

- Long Beach Restaurant, Dempsey Road -

We had some time to walk around Orchard Road that night, together with vendors from Singapore and Malaysia. I got myself a mascara from M.A.C. for SGD20, I thought it's quite cheap though I didn't really check out the price from Malaysia. We visited Galleria, Plaza Lucky etc along the shopping haven in Singapore.

After that we called it a day, I was so sleepy that night but couldn't sleep. Maybe it was my first time sleeping in a hotel room alone after all. I on every lights and also the TV and finally I felt asleep watching American Idol.... zzz....

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashbacks

- How it all started - I entered Victoria Institution, as a form 6 student. On the first day of school, we were divided into classes of FM 1 and FM 2. I was allocated in FM 2, and so did most of BBGS girls. We were contented with the arrangement, but not someone. He was from BBSP school, which I had never heard of. All other BBSP students were allocated in FM 1, with him as an alien in our class. I believe he was really angry with the arrangement. The class teacher promised him to swap, provided he top our FM2. Most of the time he won't be spending time in our class and preferred loitering around in the other class. We didn't really care much bout him and so did he. We didn't interact much, but in the class he was a gem to the teachers. Our chemistry teacher liked him so much that she told me, "that boy sitting at the edge of the class (referring to him) is a very good and clever boy ya?"I smirked :\ After many weeks, finally we had group...

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i...

R.O.M Preparation Pt 1

Took a glance at the "daisy-path" time line at the right corner of this blog, my oh my.. in less than 2 months will be our big moment - Registration of Marriage! For the past 1.5 months we have been actively preparing for this big day. This big day where we pen down our love, commitment, promise, companionship, MARRIAGE... on paper. 1. Date - We secured the 22/06/2012 at the National Registration Department. We had our registration form pinned up on the board and NO one objected to our union. 2. Attire - I would love a nice white knee length dress for this event. So we searched up and down at Mid Valley, Pavilion and Uptown etc for the perfect dress. Finally, from some forum recommendation, I visited the "D'Glit.ters" boutique at Plaza Damas, Seri Hartamas and found it. It's a white laced knee length dress tube topped with a beige colour ribbon at the waist line. And to match this dress I need a pair of beige/white/ivory coloured heels. We again...