Skip to main content

New Family Member - Cocoa

It is in our plan to get a dog when we move in together after marriage. We have been in dilemma to either get a Chow Chow or Labrador Retriever. We were all certain that we love big dogs that look stout and strong with very dominant features. So now we're living together, our plan can be realized. So I started really seriously checking out both breeds' traits and temperament, to suit our style and need.

We need a companion dog. Our requirements for the kind of dog are:
  1. Can be a family dog, as we are staying with in laws.
  2. Not too difficult to train, as we are first time amateur dog owner.
  3. Do not have bad breath, body odour and not too noisy.
And that's how we came out with Chow-Chow or Labs. But after some in depth readings, Chows seems to be a very dominant dog! They only bow to one owner and hostile to any other family members! They are also very difficult to train as it's not the brightest breed. Oh gosh, even though the Chows are such cutie pie munchkin teddy bears... but no.. not for us :-( 

- No, can't have you.. you're too fierce apparently, we almost got deceived by this chubby teddy bear! -

So we made up or mind to have a Lab. And I called up Malaysia Kennel Association or MKA to check on which breeder now have available puppy packs for sale. So the lady gave me a few numbers to call up. But as I contacted the breeders, they sent me some photo of the puppy for view. We anyhow not sure how to choose a nice Lab, all worried then Wilson asked if I would like a Golden Retriever instead. Then I thought, why not? Since it's fluffy just like the Chow and has much much better traits and temperament in comparison.

Golden Retriever is:
  • Obedient, well-mannered, playful and intelligent
  • Need moderate exercise and very eager to learn tricks
  • Gets along with other pets in the house (oh hey, my piggy rabbit can be his friend!)
  • Kind to all family members, oh yeah, even to strangers and making them lousy guard dogs
  • Does not have bad breath or body odour, but kinda shed a lot.
It seems like GR is the dog for us! It's very recommended for first time dog owners. So I again contacted MKA to get breeders for GR and were introduced to Mr Wong from Rawang. I called him up and he has a pair of 3 month old GR puppy for sale. I saw the photo and fell in love with the pup. Wong is a very kind and serious breeder that make sure his pups are in good hands. He checked on our dog owning experiences and seriousness in becoming parent to his pups. Finally we made appointment to see the puppies, days before Chinese New Year.

- Oh my god, this is the GR puppy we saw, a female, super obedient and she quickly attached to me after a few strokes on her head -

Love her so much. Even from the first eye set on her. She quietly and lovingly rest in my arms as I carried her. Awww... I am so melted!! Wong explained to us why should we get a female dog instead of a male dog as per what we initially wanted. No territory marking, no DIY service for him during mating season, more independent and more affectionate. So I remembered how my brother's boy Pug urinate at every corner of the house to mark territory, so well... a female dog it is! We made appointment with Wong to get the pup on the 3rd day of Chinese New Year. The price to pay for this little one is MYR 1,500, a real great deal! Considering her champion bloodline and very nice and dominant features (large bone and thick fur). We paid RM200 as deposit.

So, on the 13th of February 2013, Wong fetched our little puppy to Setia Alam. I already missing her after about a week. She looked so cute and readily rest in my arms when Wong passed her over to us. There we get her vaccination card and took her home. Wilson gave me the honour to name our puppy, so I chose the name "Coco" and he gave a tweak to it by naming her, "Cocoa". And Wilson said to me, "Happy Valentine's Day, my wife" Owww... so sweet!! :-D~

- A man, a wife and a puppy.. we are a happy family -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Wedding Customs

We religiously followed the Chinese tradition for our wedding, quite many efforts were put in to fulfill the customs but nevertheless it made our wedding events more colourful and lovely. 1. Tai Chan (Wedding Initiation) The very first custom for a Chinese wedding is "Tai Chan" which means the Groom's family would make a visit to the Bride's family to initiate the intention for wedding, check on the compatibility of the couple and discuss on the "terms & conditions". But in modern days, this step is basically just a casual meet up between the 2 families to discuss on dinner details or any special customs arrangement for different dialect group etc. This is the case due to usually both families had already meet up during the R.O.M after lunch and they both should be well notified and acknowledged of the union. So Wilson's parents came along to my home for this, and we had a good discussion on especially the dinner part. We are organizing

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i

W.O.T.P.

10th of November 2012, the day we booked our first property together as husband and wife. It was indeed a huge milestone after we signed our ROM papers. This is a luxury condominium developed by Selangor Dredging Berhad and it's located at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Batu 9, Cheras Selatan. This is a very interesting development because it is situated on 8.9 acres of Freehold land with 4.2 acres of landscaped environment (Yes, half of the development is actually greenery!) The unit built-up range between 916 sq. ft. to 4,311 sq. ft. and sold for about RM450 - RM680 per square feet.  We bought a unit at Block C which is lowest block on the left. Location of W.O.T.P. with proposed MRT station few kilometers away.  The lovely greenery and facilities are really serene and awesome! Facilities: 50m lap pool Children’s wading pool Children outdoor play area Teen’s play area 2 nos. of indoor badminton courts Gym/ aerobic room Function hall by the pool (6 ban