Skip to main content

My 2008

December is coming to an end, marking the year 2008 coming to an end too. It's common for people to recap on the ups and downs by the end of the year. So here I am, thinking back how was the year 2008 for Jessie..

January 2008
  • Purchase a Perodua Myvi 1.3 EZ on my own (no help from parents!)


I finally afford to get my own car this year, on January 2008, I managed to push in my old problematic kancil in exchange for Vivi.. She's a beautiful car.. before I had to force her into the muddy pool at site! Sorry vivi...

April 2008
  • Engaged with a pet rabbit : PIGGY

He's a great pet. I never regret bringing him home and face my mom's daily nagging. Though he's not of good breed, but he has great personality.. he's the coolest rabbit I seen so far..

May 2008
  • A visit to Phuket with Wilson and friends


Phuket is a great experience. We had close encounter with the ah-guas, yeap.. our tour guide is one. We went to bars with Ahguas dancing on the table, beach with colourful umbrella and busy surfers, first experience wearing bikini walking around and first experience getting SO SO sick (food poisoning) at a foreign country.

September 2008
  • Joined a Multinational Company.


This is the major career leap for me. I joined Q-Cells in September 2008, the largest Photovoltaic Solar Cells Manufacturer in the world. Responsibility and workload are getting heavier and stressful, but it's worth to grab this opportunity to earn experience. Ramping up a plant ain't easy at all..

  • Job Training in Europe


I've always wanted to visit Europe.. this year my wish is granted. I got a 15 days job training in Germany. In the weekends, I even traveled to Czech Republic with my new colleagues that are fun and sporting!! I anticipate great time ahead working with them! What more there will be another trip to Germany again next year. Yipeee..~

October 2008
  • Cut my long long hair short

I've kept long hair (at least shoulder length) for at least 10 years! Now, I found the ultimate courage to cut off the long hair.. to this BOB hairstyle.. and loving it now~ I guess short hair makes me look fierce... which is needed for my job now.. hehe

December 2008
  • A getaway to Langkawi with Wilson


One of the ways to keep relationship sparks alive is to have getaways once in a while.. we do this often, but recently Wilson keep reminding me to save money.. looks like getaways will be reduced to minimum in the coming year..


There goes my 2008, a great great year for me... I'm so excited to say HI~ to 2009. No regrets in 2008, I shall start thinking what's my resolution for Year 2009.. hrm~

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Wedding Customs

We religiously followed the Chinese tradition for our wedding, quite many efforts were put in to fulfill the customs but nevertheless it made our wedding events more colourful and lovely. 1. Tai Chan (Wedding Initiation) The very first custom for a Chinese wedding is "Tai Chan" which means the Groom's family would make a visit to the Bride's family to initiate the intention for wedding, check on the compatibility of the couple and discuss on the "terms & conditions". But in modern days, this step is basically just a casual meet up between the 2 families to discuss on dinner details or any special customs arrangement for different dialect group etc. This is the case due to usually both families had already meet up during the R.O.M after lunch and they both should be well notified and acknowledged of the union. So Wilson's parents came along to my home for this, and we had a good discussion on especially the dinner part. We are organizing

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i

W.O.T.P.

10th of November 2012, the day we booked our first property together as husband and wife. It was indeed a huge milestone after we signed our ROM papers. This is a luxury condominium developed by Selangor Dredging Berhad and it's located at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Batu 9, Cheras Selatan. This is a very interesting development because it is situated on 8.9 acres of Freehold land with 4.2 acres of landscaped environment (Yes, half of the development is actually greenery!) The unit built-up range between 916 sq. ft. to 4,311 sq. ft. and sold for about RM450 - RM680 per square feet.  We bought a unit at Block C which is lowest block on the left. Location of W.O.T.P. with proposed MRT station few kilometers away.  The lovely greenery and facilities are really serene and awesome! Facilities: 50m lap pool Children’s wading pool Children outdoor play area Teen’s play area 2 nos. of indoor badminton courts Gym/ aerobic room Function hall by the pool (6 ban