Skip to main content

Europe Trip Day 1

I'm back from Germany. It was a great great trip.. I have so so many things to write about, but only managed to do it now. I was away for 15 days on a On-Job-Training to Leipzig, Germany for Company Q. Previously many people has commented that I was conned by some human trafficking company, but nope.. I'm now back in ONE piece and felt ever lucky to have that opportunity.

- My new buddy: Shelly Tham (2 of the 4 girls from 2nd batch) -

I departed from KLIA on 18.09.08, it was my first experience flying with Lufthansa. I wonder why I was so tired (okla, pig), I slept through the whole flight skipping one dinner offered on the flight. Our flight transit at Frankfurt Airport, we waited for 3 hours there. Frankfurt Airport is so big and so boring, didn't get to buy anything. So then we boarded a smaller plane to Leipzig.. 1 hour away from Frankfurt. Upon arrival at Leipzig, we were welcomed by Katja, our HR from Germany. We were amazed that Katja can speak good BM!

- Arrival @ Leipzig Airport -

So we were brought to our apartments. I'm allocated at Room 123 together with Dila, who will also be there for 2 weeks. We were very satisfied with our apartment that has every essential items for our stay, especially the kitchen tools. Oh, every single thing from our apartment is brought from IKEA, so we wonder if there's other furniture shops in Germany.

- Our comfy apartment @ Leipzig -

After putting down our luggage, we were brought around Leipzig to check out where are the banks, Hauptbanhoff (central station), Asian shops & restaurants, supermarket etc. Even on the very first day I took many photos, thanks to HG, he kept reminding me that I should take more photos since I will be there for 2 weeks only. Whereas their department will stay for 3 months. Curse my department for this arrangement!!

-My colleagues: Soon Hee, Alex, Peter -

- The Hauptbanhoff: Central Station -

That night, we had our first dinner at the Hauptbanhoff. Only the Hauptbanhoff has around 100 shops which are open everyday in a week. It's a big and lovely train station. Train tracks are located at the top floor of the station and other shops sit at basements. My first experience seeing such arrangement. After much walking, our stomachs were growling, finally we agreed to have Asian food. My meal cost Euro 4.50 (equivalent to RM22.50!!)

- Internal of the Hauptbanhoff-

- The most 'senior' colleague (guy) in the gang: HG Lee -

After dinner we headed back to apartment for a rest. Considering that I have only 2 weeks here, me and Dila decided to go out for an evening stroll to see some famous buildings. We came across a very beautiful church, The St. Nikolaikirche (St. Nicholas' Church). The church was built around 1165 when Leipzig, or St. Nicholas's City was founded. The internal of the church is an absolute beauty, I felt so heavenly holy in the church whereby harmonious songs are played from the grand organ. Since Dila is a Muslim and she didn't want to enter the church, I had to leave to join her. Else I would spend more time in the church.

- External of St Nicholas Church -

- Internal of St Nicholas Church -

Then we came across Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's statue next to the church. He's an influential German literature man. I'm not a fan for old English/German literature so, just took a photo of his statue and blah from the scene. Haha..

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe -

Next we passby the Old City Hall that was built in 1556 in the Renaissance style and remains one of Germany's largest. The entrance fee to this hall is EURO2.50, we didn't get in though. Ya, quite a waste I know cause the internal of this city hall is an awesome Renaissance style of jail, chamber and treasure staircases. But by looking at its external already awe me and Dila. Anyway, the municipal government moved into the New Town Hall in the year 1909.

- A market in front of the City Hall -

After the stroll, we called it a day. A very tiring yet amazing day, yes.. it felt like dreaming :D


... to be continued


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Wedding Customs

We religiously followed the Chinese tradition for our wedding, quite many efforts were put in to fulfill the customs but nevertheless it made our wedding events more colourful and lovely. 1. Tai Chan (Wedding Initiation) The very first custom for a Chinese wedding is "Tai Chan" which means the Groom's family would make a visit to the Bride's family to initiate the intention for wedding, check on the compatibility of the couple and discuss on the "terms & conditions". But in modern days, this step is basically just a casual meet up between the 2 families to discuss on dinner details or any special customs arrangement for different dialect group etc. This is the case due to usually both families had already meet up during the R.O.M after lunch and they both should be well notified and acknowledged of the union. So Wilson's parents came along to my home for this, and we had a good discussion on especially the dinner part. We are organizing

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i

W.O.T.P.

10th of November 2012, the day we booked our first property together as husband and wife. It was indeed a huge milestone after we signed our ROM papers. This is a luxury condominium developed by Selangor Dredging Berhad and it's located at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Batu 9, Cheras Selatan. This is a very interesting development because it is situated on 8.9 acres of Freehold land with 4.2 acres of landscaped environment (Yes, half of the development is actually greenery!) The unit built-up range between 916 sq. ft. to 4,311 sq. ft. and sold for about RM450 - RM680 per square feet.  We bought a unit at Block C which is lowest block on the left. Location of W.O.T.P. with proposed MRT station few kilometers away.  The lovely greenery and facilities are really serene and awesome! Facilities: 50m lap pool Children’s wading pool Children outdoor play area Teen’s play area 2 nos. of indoor badminton courts Gym/ aerobic room Function hall by the pool (6 ban