Skip to main content

Marley & Me

I've watched this movie few weeks ago. Can't remember when was the last time I cried so much in a cinema. This story touched my heart and soul so deeply. It's not only about the cutey doey doo Labradoodle ekhem, Labrador Retriever... Marley.. It's about love, family, career, commitment, sacrifices etc one labours as we live.

John and Jane Grogan's live resembles many ordinary couples, struggling to secure a comfortable place in the community. The act of balancing career and family is what a couple need to learn with patience. Like Jane said, nobody prepare you for this. Yes, when the time comes, like it or not, one has to know what to do. Both John and Jane sacrificed their passion for job for their growing family. John didn't do the job he loves as money is a concern. Jane quit her job to take care of their children. How many couples can do this, I could say loudly that I CAN and I WILL. But looking at how Jane break down due to the stress she cope while taking care of her kids, I started to get worried. For her, more stress lah, with Marley the worst dog there. Sometimes I have to say, things are easier said than done. Before watching this movie, I thought I was well prepared to settle down. Now I'm in doubt, I guess I'm not prepared after all.. no.. maybe not that prepared.. a little prepared? aargh, see?

Marley is very much like my pet rabbit Piggy. They are naughty, mischievous, destructive, uncontrollable and hell on earth. Marley is the worst dog, Piggy is the worst rabbit. Marley bite off the cushion, floor, phone etc.. Piggy bite off the wires, books, boxes etc.. Piggy destroy 4 telephone lines, 1 speaker, 1 mouse, 1 keyboard, numerous books and papers, boxes etc etc... But nope, I will not abandon him, so do John. They still love Marley as he is and love him until the last breath of the naughty dog. So do I, a commitment I did just as a preparation for greater heights. If I can't take care of a pet, what bout kids?

My tears flow seeing Marley getting old.. dying... I know it's inevitable, but it just feel so so so sad to see your companion leaving. After the movie, I went home and hugged my lil Piggy. He may be just a pet, but he's a great companion. I really, really love my rabbit.

Overall this is a great great movie, a great eye opener.. love is a beautiful thing.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashbacks

- How it all started - I entered Victoria Institution, as a form 6 student. On the first day of school, we were divided into classes of FM 1 and FM 2. I was allocated in FM 2, and so did most of BBGS girls. We were contented with the arrangement, but not someone. He was from BBSP school, which I had never heard of. All other BBSP students were allocated in FM 1, with him as an alien in our class. I believe he was really angry with the arrangement. The class teacher promised him to swap, provided he top our FM2. Most of the time he won't be spending time in our class and preferred loitering around in the other class. We didn't really care much bout him and so did he. We didn't interact much, but in the class he was a gem to the teachers. Our chemistry teacher liked him so much that she told me, "that boy sitting at the edge of the class (referring to him) is a very good and clever boy ya?"I smirked :\ After many weeks, finally we had group...

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i...

R.O.M Preparation Pt 1

Took a glance at the "daisy-path" time line at the right corner of this blog, my oh my.. in less than 2 months will be our big moment - Registration of Marriage! For the past 1.5 months we have been actively preparing for this big day. This big day where we pen down our love, commitment, promise, companionship, MARRIAGE... on paper. 1. Date - We secured the 22/06/2012 at the National Registration Department. We had our registration form pinned up on the board and NO one objected to our union. 2. Attire - I would love a nice white knee length dress for this event. So we searched up and down at Mid Valley, Pavilion and Uptown etc for the perfect dress. Finally, from some forum recommendation, I visited the "D'Glit.ters" boutique at Plaza Damas, Seri Hartamas and found it. It's a white laced knee length dress tube topped with a beige colour ribbon at the waist line. And to match this dress I need a pair of beige/white/ivory coloured heels. We again...