Skip to main content

Almost There: Week 38


Baby bump update at Week 38. I weight about 59.8kg at this point; gained 13kg so far from pre-pregnancy. 


Since baby is coming real soon, we have finally set up the nursery room nicely to welcome the little one. The first month baby would be staying in the nursery with Confinement Lady. His cot with nice mattress, bumper and mosquito net is well set up. I have also bought a musical mobile to clip on the cot hopefully would give him some entertainment. Other things prepared in the nursery is a changing table with waterproof padding in case he "spray" all over. And of course a chest of drawer to keep all his clothing. We do prepare a single bed, for the confinement lady on the first month and myself later. In case I'm breastfeeding and need a place to sleep/lie down in the midnight. In order for baby to sleep in nursery, I invested in a baby monitor to make sure he's alright next door. Well, hope our plan works out to have baby sleeping in nursery himself. 

We also got a playpen and bouncer for the living room. So baby would spend his daytime in the living room downstairs with grandparents (his caretaker when I'm back to work). 

Besides getting the nursery ready, I have packed my hospital bag as well, since week 36. I have 3 categories of stuff in the bag - mommy's, baby's and daddy's. 

Mommy's
- 1 set of discharge clothing (loose top & long pants & hat)
- 1 sarong (not sure if I would use it.. Just prepare)
- 1 jacket
- 2 pairs of socks
- 1 small towel
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, facial cleanser, body shampoo & shampoo) 
- 3 maternity pads & 3 disposable panties
- 1 nursing bra (1 size bigger in case engorgement)

Baby's
- 1 set of discharge clothing (overall pajamas, mitten, booties, hat & receiving blanket)
- 1 pc of diaper
- Nappy rash cream
- Hankerchief or napkin

Daddy's
- 1 set of comfy clothing (t-shirt & short pants)
- Toiletries 
- iPad and charger

>> And of course the documents given to us during pre-admission. 
>> Also strap on the car seat in daddy's car beforehand.

We have been very certain since early pregnancy that our birth plan would be natural (without any medical intervention), not even considering epidural. I have backache problem before pregnancy, so I hope if possible to avoid any load to my back. But well, plan is 1 thing, in the real case might be different! I have no idea how pain is labour... Yet!

We attended 2 classes to prepare ourselves for parenthood. 1 is the breastfeeding class organized by the Facebook group - The Breastfeeding Advocates Network (TBAN) founder Gina Yong. It's a 5 hour crash course all about breastfeeding. Since she advocates breastfeeding, her approach is very much "against" formula milk. So against that made us felt a little uncomfortable in the class. Anyway there was much info and open our eyes to what kind of challenges we'll be facing if we choose the breast, and tips to overcome them. 

Another class I signed up is a proper Pre-Natal Class organized by Jenlia Maternal Services and the speaker is a qualified midwife, Jennifer. Since we missed the class they co-organized with SDMC, we went all the way to their centre for a small group session. This class is divided to 2 days; focused in baby care and labour knowledge. So here we were taught all essential knowledge that I think is very important. These are the topics:
Jenlia do have home visits too. RM150/visit to check on baby and mommy's wellbeing 1-2 days after discharge from hospital. We'll might engage their service for this too. Just to be worry-free.

According to EDD 29/3/14, I have approximately 2 weeks+ to go. So we have decided this will be my final week working before taking the 2 months off. By end of the week I would be seeing my gynae and he mentioned if I'm not into labour yet, he prefers I take mc to rest at home while waiting for the final week. 

So this last moments I really need to gather all the emotional preparation to face the big day. To be frank I'm really freaking out by now thinking about the pain, tear and even parenthood. But in the same time I can't wait to meet our son already! Will he look like me, like his daddy or a bit of either of us? How will his personality like? Will he be a Pisces or Aries? Will he look good in all the clothes we got him? Will he like his musical mobile? Wow.. So exciting isn't it. So yah.. All these pain will be worth it for the little one. ☺️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.O.T.P.

10th of November 2012, the day we booked our first property together as husband and wife. It was indeed a huge milestone after we signed our ROM papers. This is a luxury condominium developed by Selangor Dredging Berhad and it's located at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Batu 9, Cheras Selatan. This is a very interesting development because it is situated on 8.9 acres of Freehold land with 4.2 acres of landscaped environment (Yes, half of the development is actually greenery!) The unit built-up range between 916 sq. ft. to 4,311 sq. ft. and sold for about RM450 - RM680 per square feet.  We bought a unit at Block C which is lowest block on the left. Location of W.O.T.P. with proposed MRT station few kilometers away.  The lovely greenery and facilities are really serene and awesome! Facilities: 50m lap pool Children’s wading pool Children outdoor play area Teen’s play area 2 nos. of indoor badminton courts Gym/ aerobic room Function hall by the pool (6 ban

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i

Life

I'll be quarter a century old in a day. In a day's time my birthday would come, and most probably would just simply go. Didn't expect much this year, or maybe age has certain impact on me. I'll be 25 soon. This is so alarming scary, time just flew too fast. Everything changes. I looked like awfully nerdy 3 years ago when I was still in UPM. I've started working one year ago, this was the fastest one year in my life. Life has been so committed to work and work, I couldn't realise time flew across and here I am. Evaluating what I've done over the past 1 year. I've learnt many many things, both in life and in work. From an ordinary 2nd upper graduate to now a project engineer. Nothing big achieved but I felt contented, at least I'm working towards my goal. It's just kinda overwhelming to think back times, was so excited on the 1st day of kindy, was so nervous going into primary school compound, was so trilled to step into secondary school, was so c