Skip to main content

Renovation Part 1 - Plan & Do!

Renovation is really a tough job, not just about the unbelievable amount of money to spend but also the very detail of works to be planned and executed. I've started the renovation job to my house, my first ever property. At first I thought, let's just have a simple touch up to the house and move in. But surprises come wave by wave.. there are actually tonnes of works to be done to the house!
  1. Remove old parquet in 3 bedrooms, replace with new tiles.
  2. Remove old worn tiles in 2 bathrooms, replace with new tiles.
  3. Remove old tiles and cabinets in kitchen, replace with new tiles and new kitchen cabinets (concrete frame & custom made internal cabinets).
  4. Re-route piping and cables in bathrooms.
  5. Install ceiling in 2 bathrooms to hide the sanitary piping.
  6. Re-route & hide wiring, cables and air-con ducting in the whole house.
  7. Demolish the big old cabinet in the living room.
  8. Replace all switches, wall sockets, and lamps. Install new wall lamps, fans, fuse box, astro etc..
  9. Replace bathroom accessories eg: sinks, taps, toilet water tanks, stainless steel racks, holders, mirrors etc..
  10. Paint the whole house.
OMG.. This is gonna cost a LOT! So I crossed my fingers and began to engage people to start the renovation works. Lucky me to have Wilson's father's help, I got tiles at a very low price and workmanship at a even lower price. As for plumber and electrical guy, I hired my mother's friend, which was a silly mistake. The electrical guy is a real bully, he commented that my suggestions are crazy and stuff I bought are bullshits. I was really pissed off with him but since he is my mom's friend, I should pay a little respect. Hopefully things could be done without any further arguments.

- Huge amount of tiles, 1000+ pieces of them! Imagine me, carrying these super heavy boxes, deadly! -

- My brother hacking the old parquet in the bedrooms, took us 3 days to get 3 bedrooms done -

- Bedrooms, all ready for the new tiles! -

- Bathrooms, piping and cables re-routed, also ready for new tiles! -

- Kitchen, old cabinets removed, sink piping re-routed, waiting for installation of extra wall sockets and then ready for new tiles and new cabinets!! This is the MOST interesting part I'm looking forward to! -

I actually love this house very much, especially the beautiful view from the balcony, oh, the tiles would be replaced by the way! The lake view, plus the soon-to-be-done train station.. perfect!

Tiling works kicks off today, really can't wait to see the outcome of the "touch-up" renovations to my house! This is really exciting!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashbacks

- How it all started - I entered Victoria Institution, as a form 6 student. On the first day of school, we were divided into classes of FM 1 and FM 2. I was allocated in FM 2, and so did most of BBGS girls. We were contented with the arrangement, but not someone. He was from BBSP school, which I had never heard of. All other BBSP students were allocated in FM 1, with him as an alien in our class. I believe he was really angry with the arrangement. The class teacher promised him to swap, provided he top our FM2. Most of the time he won't be spending time in our class and preferred loitering around in the other class. We didn't really care much bout him and so did he. We didn't interact much, but in the class he was a gem to the teachers. Our chemistry teacher liked him so much that she told me, "that boy sitting at the edge of the class (referring to him) is a very good and clever boy ya?"I smirked :\ After many weeks, finally we had group...

What am I?

It has been some time since I last updated this blog. Heaps of stuff happened and I just had the time to pull a break and evaluate the events that happened to me in the past 1 month. I've changed my job, moving into sales line is not an easy decision to make. I was doubtful with myself until I really come on board. Perhaps it may be too soon to tell where I stand in this job, but I was really thankful that my current boss gave me an insight of myself. We had sessions to understand what are our temperament. This is something that govern what kind of job that fits us. Apparently I am an "Artisan" after few rounds of personality tests. An artisan loves freedom, leads by taking action, seeks to have impact and variation, needs appreciation, a risk taker, problem solver and an opportunist. When I read the full description bout what I am, I immediately understand why I felt in constraint and bored working in the manufacturing line. I am just not that type of person that falls i...

R.O.M Preparation Pt 1

Took a glance at the "daisy-path" time line at the right corner of this blog, my oh my.. in less than 2 months will be our big moment - Registration of Marriage! For the past 1.5 months we have been actively preparing for this big day. This big day where we pen down our love, commitment, promise, companionship, MARRIAGE... on paper. 1. Date - We secured the 22/06/2012 at the National Registration Department. We had our registration form pinned up on the board and NO one objected to our union. 2. Attire - I would love a nice white knee length dress for this event. So we searched up and down at Mid Valley, Pavilion and Uptown etc for the perfect dress. Finally, from some forum recommendation, I visited the "D'Glit.ters" boutique at Plaza Damas, Seri Hartamas and found it. It's a white laced knee length dress tube topped with a beige colour ribbon at the waist line. And to match this dress I need a pair of beige/white/ivory coloured heels. We again...